Tuesday, June 26, 2012

26 June 2012


Hey family,
It sounds like you had an awesome week. Shayla´s married. Mark and Bree are staying in Reno. Oliver turned 1 year old. I turned a year in the mission.  What a blessed life we have! I really didn´t deserve such a good family, but I needed it.
This week we had the farewell for President Chavez and his family. On July 1st President Valadez will be coming in a bus from Puebla. It is really close to here.  I will definitely always remember President Chávez and be grateful to him. He taught me things that will help me for the rest of my life. Saying goodbye was pretty sad but I know the President Valadez will help me just as much.
So I can´t believe that I have already hit my year mark in the mission. It has gone by really fast but at the same time really slow. I would tell you all of the things that I have learned this year, but I don´t even understand how much I have learned yet. I know that these experiences will help me for the rest of my life.
We had some really cool experiences this week. I was able to go with one of the Assistants to his area to go work with him. The assistants right now are Elder Black and Elder Bodine and I have a lot of respect for them. They were both my zone leaders when I was in Leandro Valle.
In two days, Elder Bunker and I placed 8 baptismal dates, all for July. We are teaching some really cool people. One of them is named Sol. She lost her leg to cancer a few years ago and little by little we are helping her get out of her house and into the real world. She is already in Enos in the Book of Mormon. This week she described feeling the Holy Ghost as little droplets of light raining down on you. One of the most powerful lessons happened when Elder Manning from Las Vegas was with me. We had our first lesson with Jose Luis. A couple years ago, his wife and son were shot. It is super sad. We talked to him about eternal families, and how he can find the peace and happiness he is looking for. Afterwards he said he felt a lot of peace when we were with him. He accepted a baptismal date on July 28th.
I know that we are all on this pursuit of happiness and we are all on different levels getting there.  But whoever wants it is free to do it. You just have to choose. It comes without money and without price. You just have to try to stand shoulder to shoulder with the Savior and walk part of the path that he walked.
Right now I am loving working with Elder Bunker. We have a lot of fun together. We keep really busy going on interchanges, to the mission offices and to district and zone meetings. 36 missionaries to be an example for. Last night we went to a district meeting that is made up of Sister missionaries. It was definitely a lot different. They just have a different manner of acting. 
So I hope all is well in Fallon. I really miss that puny little town. Thanks for all of your letters and prayers. They really mean a lot to me. Love you all!
Con cariño,
Elder Hubbard

 Mexico City (What a handsome boy!)


 the Telcel buildings



No comments:

Post a Comment