Tuesday, July 3, 2012

3 July 2012


What´s uppp family!!!
I can´t believe that it is already Tuesday and I am writing you once again.
The time is going by even faster now. We are already in the middle of the
transfer. Pretty much, we only work 4 days out of the week so time just
flies by. I feel like I am just starting the week out when it´s Sunday
again.  This week we were absolutely soaked by the rain. Somehow we both
forgot our umbrellas and in the afternoon it started to downpour. We kept
working like it was normal. There is no earthly force that will stop us.
Haha. But we were completely drenched. We got to an appointment and an
investigator gave us a towell to dry off with and hot chocolate.
So we were able to have some investigators in church on sunday for the
first time since I got here. It was interesting because a week before our
ward mission leader gave us the ward mission plan. Part of the plan is that
two new investigators come to church every sunday. The first sunday two new
investigators came. It was so simple. We know that missionary work is for
the members to do and when they start doing it, the Lord blesses us because
we are doing it in His way. We as missionaries can put goals, and plans,
and do the work, but really, our only job is to teach. The Lord blesses us
more when the members do their part.  The two that came are named Yolanda
and Salma. It is a single mom and her 11 year old daughter. They are super
good.  They loved the church too. The members did a great job in
fellowshipping them and at the end of the services, they didn´t want to go
home. They have a baptismal date on July 14th. Yolanda even asked us if we
could visit her more often so they can progress faster.
My mission president is officially President Valadéz. Nobody has met him
yet except for the assistants. They say that he is super nice and shows a
lot more love. We are going to meet him on Friday in a zone leader meeting.
Elder Bodine explained what President Valadéz wants for the mission. He
wants us to work hard, be strictly obedient, and have the Spirit. He is not
going to change the things that President Chavez has done, unless he feels
like he should. I am pumped to meet him.
I feel that every week my letters are getting shorter and shorter, but it´s
just all going by like a blur. So I am pretty sure that this is the
happiest that I have been in my entire mission. The area is awesome and
it´s beautiful. My companion is a boss and we never have any problems. They
gave a pozole to eat twice this week. So good. We are teaching some
escogidos.  Jimmer is a stud. My family at home is happy.  I am glad to
hear mom and dad are spending their entire vacation on the road. Life is
good. That´s all I got from Contreras. I love you all and I miss you!!!
Love,
Elder Hubbard

 The picture of this bum could be the best picture I have taken in my entire mission.







No comments:

Post a Comment