Monday, November 5, 2012

5 Noviembre 2012

Sup familia,
So I can´t believe that Nevada Day is already past and gone.  Best holiday of the year.  Here they don´t celebrate it though. Weird huh? For three days starting with October 31st, they celebrate Día de los Muertos. They put a food offering with candles out for all of their dead relatives.  It´s a little bit weird and I think temple work is a lot better. One of the things that I do like is this one kind of bread called pan de muerto, or in english dead bread. It´s some good stuff.
This week really flew by especially because we had to prepare everything for the zone conference that was on Friday. On Thursday night we went to clean the stake center but when we got there, the primary was having an activity in the cultural hall and we had to wait for a while. We cleaned as much as we could and got rid of all of the extra chairs that were there too. The churches are a lot cheaper here in Mexico, that´s for sure.  In the zone conference, I learned more than any other day on my mission I think. I conducted the meeting and all went well, even my spanish. Elder de Hoyos is definitely a special witness of Christ. And his voice is really soothing to top it all of. The whole time that he talked, I understood things that I never knew that I didn´t understand before.  Most of the conference was focused in the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I learned that if people don´t understand the Atonement, it is impossible for them to have faith in Christ. The Book of Mormon is so important  because it explains clearly the Atonement while in the Bible, it has been taken out almost completely.  I really know that Christ is the Savior and that every time that I have truly repented in my life, he has forgiven me. I know that I still have a long ways to go. La hermana de Hoyos invited us to read the Book of Mormon in 85 days because that´s how long it took for Joseph Smith to translate it. As we read it in a blue BM, we are going to mark all of the names of Christ so that we can show it to the people we teach.  You can all do it with me too, it will be fun.  I am really excited to read it once again.  I am so grateful to be able to learn more about the Plan of Salvation. It is really the coolest thing that anybody can learn.
I made a return trip to Ajusco this week that was part of my first area. I forgot how high the altitude is there. It was freezing. But not really.  I didn´t see anyone I knew but I did remember a lot of experiences with Elder Leyva.  I was just a boy back then. We didn´t have any time to work in our area really this week. But we were still blessed to be able to set a baptismal date with Yolanda.  She really wants to follow Christ but doesn´t understand why a true church is of any importance. We have got some explaining to do. Teaching is also the power of God unto salvation.
Yesterday after church, our bishop gave us a list of 40 menos activos to visit in our area and he wants it all done this month. We are going to be very busy.  Contreras is a really good ward and they just do work.
So that´s about all I have for this week. I am happier every day that I am here and I know that I am learning what the Lord wants me to.  I am really grateful for President Valadez because he has helped me a ton.  I love every one of you. You are a great family and I love it when you write me. Have a good week and I hope all is well.
Elder Hubbard

Presidente Valadez
Elder Hubbard muchas gracias por todo lo que está haciendo le amo mucho, y le agradezco lo que hizo para que la Conferencia de Zona fuera muy exitosa muchas gracias todo salio muy bien gracias al trabajo de ustedes, animo!!!

Translation:  Elder Hubbard thank you very much for everything you are doing. I love him very much, and
I appreciate what he did for the  Zone Conference was very successful. Thank you very much all went very well thanks to the work of you, I encourage!

No comments:

Post a Comment