Tuesday, November 20, 2012

20 Noviembre 2012 - Happy Thanksgiving!

Hey Hubbardazos!
It was nice to hear that all is well at home. Dad is still the funniest guy I know and Shayla has some Legolas swag going on. And I´m sure that mom will be making some goood food this week. You can always send that in air mail. I had a really good week too. Things are kind of crumbling in our area right now and we are experiencing some growing pains in our new and improved way of working. But we do see little small miracles that keep us hungry for more.
The cool thing about working with menos activos is that it´s not working from 0. I hope that makes since in english. They are already familiar with the church and we can be more bold and direct with them. Elder Jones left the homework to one of them to read the Book of Mormon and mark all of the times that it talks about God, Christ, or the Holy Ghost. After years of not being able to read the BM, she started and is loving it.
We taught Kimberly this week two times. Our ward has done a great job in fellowshipping her. The young women´s president came with us to a lesson with one of Kimberly´s friends from the ward and she loved the Restoration. The last time we taught her was on saturday in the church. When we opened the doors to the baptismal font, we could feel the Spirit gushing out. It was sweet. We invited her to be baptized and she accepted it but afterwards we saw that she is really worried about her family since it is obvious that they don´t want to go back to church.
We are also teaching all of the members the Restoration. We taught our bishop and his family this week and it went really well. We almost recieved some referrals too but we are going to check on them this week. They gave us some churros and hot chocolate after the lessons which is always a nice touch.
One of my favorite experiences this week was that I finished the Book of Mormon once again in Spanish. As I prayed afterwards, I realized that the BM is another testament of Jesus Christ and as a testament, it does the same things that Christ does. Christ frees us from sin, temptation, and pain, and the BM, one of His representatives, works in the exact same way. When we read it we recieve the power and knowledge of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and we can reconcile ourselves with Him.  I know that that book is from a divine origin and we must read it to be able to know Christ.  Say no more.
Elder Jones and I also gave a zone training this week about teaching members of the church and also helping them be able to talk to their friends and family about the church. It went really well and I feel a lot more confident teaching big groups than when I was first a zone leader.  President Valadez himself showed up with his wife, and of course, gave us a doctrinazo. I have know idea how to say that in english, but to be short in writing, he taught us well. He said that when we left to go on our missions we left some things behind that we will never return to. True that.
So when we get text messages, the phone has the same ringtone as are wake up alarm in the morning. To make a long story short, we got some text messages at 11:30 on sunday night, and we got up, said our prayers and almost started doing excerise when we realized that we had only slept for one hour. Who´s the funny kid texting us at 11:30 at night? Haha.
Well, I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving! I am definitely thankful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ and the forgiveness that comes through Him. I am greatful for all of you too. The old me would have said my peeps. The new me says the same. Have a great week and watch a lot of football. Also read your scriptures. I love you!
Elder Hubb ard

 Ajusco strikes back

 smurf car




No comments:

Post a Comment