Friday, August 12, 2011

Hey Family!!!



I am almost done at the MTC! Next week my P-day will be on Saturday because I will have in-field orientation and some devotionals all weekend. 
This has been another crazy week and it was a little different than the others here.  On Sunday Elder Herman and I started our job as zone leaders.  We taught a lesson in District meeting about laws and ordinances that was way good.  Not because of us but because our district had such good comments.  We have to give up a bunch of our personal study time and just personal time to check on other missionaries and other random responsibilities.  That night the oldest district left to go to Texas so we are now the oldest district.  It seems like we just got here. On Monday one of the missionaries from the newest district went home for medical problems.  Elder Herman and I went to talk with him and his district and we had a prayer with them.  It really hurts missionaries here to see their friends go home.  That night one of the Elders in my district asked us to give him a blessing.  I love when our whole district helps with this.  I did the annointing again.  I love how the priesthood gives us opportunities to serve our friends. 
On Wednesday we finally got to Host.  So now mom and dad can be happy and not worry about that anymore! Haha.  It was fun to see all of the families and the scared missionaries there.  I only hosted two people because that's how much I had time for.  I was so tired afterwards.  They were both going to Brasil and one was from Alaska and the other Connecticut.  After hosting we took a little trip to Salt Lake City.  Just us that our going to MEX South.  We went to the Mexican Consulate and signed and took some pictures for our VISAs.  They said they were going to make us take a language test but they just thought they were being funny.  Haha.   We tried our hardest to make our driver let us stop somewhere and get some food.  Driving by all of the restaraunts in Provo made me pretty hungry.  But he didn't stop and we ate in the cafeteria for dinner.  That whole trip took us about 4 hours on Wednesday.
On Thursday we always have service in the mornings.  Ours is just to clean the building that we live in.  I was just chilling vacuuming the hall when some random companionship came up to me.  They asked if I would help give one of them a blessing for the sick so I did.  It was nice to be able to help a random person just because I have the priesthood.  After dinner we got our travel plans!  We are leaving August 22 (Happy Birthday Shubs) and we have to meet at the travel office at 6 am.  Our flight leaves around 9:55 am and we are flying straight to D.F. and will get there at around 3 in the afternoon.  I am not gonna lie, I'm a little nervous for this whole thing so throw some prayers in this direction.  Sorry this is a short letter, but they should be getting more interesting within the next few weeks.  I would think.  Ummm there was some stuff I needed too.  The bottoms of my tennis shoes are falling off so if you could just send me my old pair of nike frees that would be great. Could I also have my patriarchal blessing, some more dried mangos and trailmix too!  Thank you so much for everything that you do for me.  I know that you love me and I love you too.  I know that this church is true and I can't wait to share my glad message with the world.  Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Hubbard

No comments:

Post a Comment